Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away! Did you start preparing for hosting your family and friends? It doesn’t matter if you are having a few people or a crowd, planning out your Thanksgiving wines ahead of time will pay off big time. If you plan out the food and the decorations, why NOT alcohol? Trust us, your guests will feel extra special when they see you took the time to serve their favorite drinks!
Here’s what to consider when thinking of Thanksgiving Wines for your guests:
Best Thanksgiving Wines to Offer Your Guests
- Choose a Sparkling Wine To Start With. Perfect for toasting plus if you keep it chilled, you can serve sparkling wine all night because it pairs beautifully with so many Thanksgiving dishes. For dry lovers, go with Brut. Rosé-style sparkling wines will be sweeter.
- Pair Your Turkey and Dressing With… Cabernet Franc, a dry Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Merlot, Pinot Noir or a fruity Zinfandel.
- Something for a Traditional Taste. You can never go wrong with Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay for your white wines because of their well-balanced acidity. For red wine lovers, go with Pinot, Sauvignon Cabernet or Merlot.
- Don’t Forget About a Dessert. A sweet Moscato, Port, Sherry or any “late harvest” wine will go great with your Thanksgiving desserts. Your goal is to choose a wine that is comparably sweet or even sweeter than your dessert. Otherwise, it will come off as bitter or sour… Unless you decide to keep serving your sparkling wine because that one will pair beautifully with chocolate and most other sweet desserts. 😉
- Leave it Up to Your Guests. If possible, offer wine from each category and at least two wine glasses for each guest so everyone can decide for themselves! After all, everyone has a different taste and palate so this strategy will ensure your guests will be satisfied AND grateful.
What if your guests don’t like drinking wine? Check out what other alcohol beverages you can serve with your Thanksgiving dishes in this post!
Tri-State Liquors has all your Thanksgiving wines covered. Choose from thousands of beverages at the best discount prices and best of all… NO SALES TAX!