Everyone knows that there’s much more to March Madness than just basketball. Did you realize that roughly 3.5 million extra cases of beer are produced to keep up with increased demand during the basketball tournament?
Now, if you’re here for basketball (and a little bit of gambling), here’s 5 Interesting Facts you might not know about March Madness:
5 Facts You Didn’t Know About March Madness
- The phrase March Madness was first spoken by Brent Musburger during his NCAA tournament coverage in 1982. However, the Illinois High School Boys Basketball Championship said they had been using the name since 1939. The court decision resulted in granting each party its own separate rights to the “dual use trademark.”
- The first NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament was held in 1939, and consisted of only 8 teams. Now it’s 68! Read more on how the team selection process works here.
- Villanova was the lowest seed to ever win the NCAA Tournament with a No. 8 seed in 1985.
- UCLA has won 11 NCAA men’s basketball championships – by far the most titles in history of any school. Kentucky holds a second place with 8 titles, followed by Indiana and North Carolina with 5 each.
- If you’re thinking of betting on the games, the odds may not be in your favor. In fact, you might get a better chance winning the lottery! The odds of filling out a perfect bracket are one in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808. You read it right, that’s a quintillion!
NCAA MARCH MADNESS
2021 BRACKET GAMES
Start a pool to compete against friends or fill out your bracket for your chance to win prizes!
The bracket odds may not be in your favor, but great prices on beverages should be! Tri-State Liquors has the lowest prices on alcohol! We are located in beautiful TAX-FREE Delaware, just over the I95 PA / DE line Naamans Rd. Exit.
Make sure to check out our SPECIALS to get your beverages stocked without spending too much money!