When we think of spring, we imagine everything go bright, fresh and green. Even the cocktails!
Since March is all about celebrating and welcoming the change of seasons, we thought it would be a good idea to share some easy to make and yummy green cocktail recipes! These ideas are perfect for those who want to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day with a bang but don’t want to just drink green beer. Cheers!
Green Cocktail Recipes for Spring
1. Green Apple Ginger Martini
- 4 oz/120ml ginger infused vodka (recipe below)
- 4 oz/120ml fresh green apple lime juice (recipe below)
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml maple or honey simple syrup (made by mixing equal parts of maple syrup or honey with filtered water until fully dissolved)
- Crushed ice
Add the apple and lime juice, the vodka and the maple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker halfway with ice and shake vigorously until the shaker turns frosty. Strain into the chilled glasses. Garnish with the reserved apple slices if desired.
source: Gourmande in the Kitchen
2. Minty Pear Mojito
- 2 cup peeled and chopped pears
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves (about 5-7 mint leaves per drink)
- 3-4 tablespoons agave nectar (You can also use simple syrup instead (equal parts sugar and water, heated on the stovetop)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 5 ounces good quality white rum or vodka
- 6 cups club soda
Place the chopped pears, mint leaves, agave nectar, and lime juice in the bottom of your pitcher (you can also make this in individual glasses. This recipe is for four glasses, so just quarter the recipe for one glass) and muddle the ingredients to combine the flavors.Pour in liquor and club soda and stir slowly to combine. Pour over ice and serve! Top with more fresh mint or lime wedges.
source: the Minty Cookie
4. Green Margarita
- 3. Green Margarita
- 3 oz. tequila
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. triple sec
- 1 handful ice
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and puree until smooth.
source: The Kitchy Kitchen
5. Jim Beam Orleans
- 2 parts Angostura bitters
- 2 parts Jim Beam Rye Whiskey
- 0.5 parts simple syrup
- Lemon twist
Give chilled glass an absinthe rinse and set aside. Stir other ingredients in a mixing glass, strain into the chilled glass and garnish. Squeeze lemon twist over the drink to release its essences but do not drop twist into glass. Serve neat.
source: Jim Beam
Tri-State Liquors has all your beverage needs covered. We stock 20,000 cases of imported and domestic beers, huge selection of ice cold kegs, soda, wine, wine coolers, liquor and more! Choose from thousands of beverages at the best discount prices and best of all… NO SALES TAX!